Exam & Desk Copies
Examination Copies (Print):
Most Hackett titles are available to instructors as examination copies (i.e., for consideration for course adoption). Such titles will have both an examination copy format and a modest examination copy price listed on the title's webpage. To purchase an examination copy on our website, select the examination copy format when adding the title to your shopping cart, and enter the required course information on the shopping cart screen before proceeding to checkout. We request that orders for examination copies not exceed six titles per course. No more than one copy of a title may be ordered at the examination copy price. Examination copies will be sent only to a departmental address at a college, university, or high school. If you will not be considering a title for course use, please order at list price. Please do not sell examination copies, as doing so makes it difficult for us to keep prices low.
Credit card orders for examination copies may also be placed by phone: please call (317) 635-9250. For questions about examination copies or recent orders please email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (317) 635-9250.
Desk Copies (Print):
Free desk copies will be provided of any Hackett book adopted as a required text when ten or more new copies are ordered from the publisher, on condition that the instructor has not previously received a copy. We will provide one additional desk copy for every thirty additional new copies ordered. If requesting more than one desk copy of an adopted text, please provide us with the names of instructors and/or teaching assistants to whom the books will be distributed. Desk copies are paperback editions, unless the book is published only in cloth. If you prefer a cloth desk copy, we can provide one at half the list price of the cloth edition. When requesting desk copies please indicate the course for which it will be used, enrollment, and starting date. Please also provide your department's street address to facilitate shipping. Desk copies will be sent only to a departmental address at a college or university.
• To order desk copies using our online form, click here.
• To order desk copies by fax or mail, click here to download a printable PDF order form.
• To request an instructor's manual or answer key for a book that you've adopted click here to go to the instructor's manual request form. Not all titles have instructor's materials, please see the title page on the Hackett website for the book that you've adopted for a list of available instructor's materials for that title.
For further questions regarding desk copies or instructor's materials please contact the Hackett Publishing Company, Inc. faculty service department at email@example.com, or call (317) 635-9250.
eBook Desk and Exam Copies (Hackett Digital Comps):
E-book exam and desk copies are available for many Hackett titles at no cost to instructors through Hackett's Digital Comps Service. Instructors interested in eDesk or eExam copies may create an account on the Hackett Digital Comps website. To create a Hackett Digital Comps account, request eDesk and eExam copies, and access approved eDesk and eExam copies, please visit: http://hackett.einspections.eb20.com/.
Please see below for the difference between eDesk and eExam copy files. When submitting a request, please also specify in the comments section if your request is for an eDesk or eExam copy.
• eExam copies: eExam copies are designed to be read online through a Hackett Publishing Company Digital Comps account and the eb20 online eReader and are not downloadable. Instructors may request up to three titles at a time to review online. Approved eExam copies will remain active for 30 days. Extensions for eExam copy access and upgrades to downloadable eDesk copies for titles adopted for course use are available upon request.
• eDesk copies: Downloadable eBook files are available as eDesk copies for instructors who have already adopted a Hackett title as a required course text. All Hackett eDesk copy titles can be read online through the eb20 online eReader and downloaded as eBook files (PDF and some ePub) compatible with Adobe Digital Editions and some tablets and eReaders. A full list of compatible devices is available in the download instructions on the Digital Comps website.
For questions about Hackett eDesk and eExam copies, please email Marketing@hackettpublishing.com.