Designed to prepare students to actively engage in the dynamic world of Italian business, Un buon affare is a versatile textbook aimed at the upper-intermediate level that fosters cultural competency, hones practical communication skills, and cultivates linguistic expertise necessary for making connections in one of the European Union's most important economies. It will also be of great use to professionals conducting business in Italy or with Italian companies. North American Rights Only.
- A preliminary warm-up chapter that reviews basic vocabulary and economic terminology
- Engaging readings on a variety of business-related topics followed by activities for pairs and groups of students
- Activities that address practical matters, such as making travel arrangements, business communication, writing a business plan or a resume, or preparing for a job interview
- A writing section at the end of each chapter that provides practice and improves writing skills
- A film section in each chapter that discusses a film related to the world of Italian business
- Vocabulary and phraseology sections that enable quick access to useful terminology
- A companion website that provides new and updated materials related to the themes of the text, relevant links, and other useful information
Chapter topics include:
- The vocabulary of the Italian economy, including the economic sector, the consumer, the entrepreneur, legal structures of Italian companies, labor, the role of the state in the economy, and the public debt
- The history, geography, and political and administrative systems of Italy; the European Union; and the euro
- Products, design, "Made in Italy" brand, industrial districts, small and large companies, international trade, globalization, banks, and access to credit
- Creating a business plan, launching a new product, and the Italian advertising industry
- A web-based research project focused on the Italian company, Luxottica, in which students conduct online research on the company’s history, objectives, product line, and marketing
The answer key to the exercises in Un buon affare is available for online reading and PDF download on the Un buon affare title support webpage here. Additional materials and links of interest will be available on the title support page soon.
About the Author:
Giuseppe Tassone is a language educator with many years of experience teaching and coordinating courses in public and non-profit universities and organizations, including the University of Washington, Seattle University, and the Dante Alighieri Society of Washington.