Familia Romana Online Courseware
To enroll in the Lingua Latina: Pars I: Familia Romana Essentials online course as . . .
An individual, click here to go to the online courseware website. If you are a student looking to enroll in your school's Familia Romana Essentials online course, click here to select your school and enroll. If you are an educator looking to register for the Familia Romana Essentials online courseware and create an online learning site for just you and your students, click here to find more information about pricing and an online order form.
The Lingua Latina: Pars I: Familia Romana Essentials online course includes:
• Pensa from LLPSI pars I: Familia Romana: The Pensa exercises at the end of each chapter in Familia Romana in an interactive, digital format allow students to practice what they’ve learned with auto-correcting feedback and a record of their grades.
• Exercitia Latina I (Interactive): The drill exercises from the book Exercitia Latina I provide additional practice for students. Auto-corrects and records the student's grades.
• Streaming Audio Recordings with your choice of pronunciations: Listen to the text of Familia Romana read aloud to practice listening comprehension and pronunciation. Choose either Hans Ørberg’s reading of the first 31 chapters in restored classical pronunciation or ecclesiastical pronunciation.
• Latin to English Vocabulary I: A searchable glossary that includes all of the vocabulary from Familia Romana with its English equivalents to help build vocabulary and aid in translation.
• Latine Disco (Student Manual): In English, with a guide to pronunciation, instructions, and information on key points to be noted in each chapter of Familia Romana.
• Grammatica Latina: This grammar supplement provides tables of paradigms and forms to aid comprehension of grammar.
• Flashcards to practice Latin to English or English to Latin vocabulary: Interactive flashcards allow students to practice Latin to English or English to Latin vocabulary.
• All activities which can be scored objectively will return feedback and correction
Information for Educators:
If you register for the Familia Romana Essentials online courseware as a course instructor and create an online learning site for just you and your students you will have the ability to:
• View and utilize a Gradebook for all your students.
• View individual student activity logs (see their exercise attempts).
• Utilize the online forum to encourage students to pose questions.
• Connect with other Lingua Latina educators in an online community.
Instructors can customize their online courseware with these additional features:
• Your choice of pronunciation (Classical, Ecclesiastical, or both.)
• Upload your own materials (ie: syllabus)
Educators: click here for pricing information and an online registration form.